Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, 10:10 pm

Hey all, I just got back from the last visit with John and am about to settle into my cozy digs here in the waiting room for the night. He is still struggling a lot to breathe, but might be a bit better tonight. I got him to go to sleep a little while ago, he'll do it sometimes if I'm there and he'd been asleep for about 10 minutes before I had to leave. During that time his levels improved, so that is a good sign. He has gotten better this afternoon and evening, not great but better which is still good. They are hoping that he will get through the night without the BiPAP machine and without anything else drastic. He is still needing very large amounts of oxygen, but during the day he was able to lower that just a little. He has worked hard today at doing his breathing exercises and all that, and he and I had a good talk about how only he can do that part. He is a bit fidgety again tonight, and he did eat about 3 bites of food for supper. He drank a little Coke and said it tasted good, and I thought that was a good sign. The echo showed that his heart looks good, and the additional x-rays didn't show anything different, so they are still not sure what is going on with him. One of the doctors said he is their best patient, since he is working so hard to get himself well. I agree that he is their best patient, for sure. Now we can just trust in God and keep praying, and again I thank all of you for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment