Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday, 2:30 pm

John is doing about the same, and although his oxygen levels are not really improving signficicantly I think he is more alert and communicative than any day up to this point. He feels pretty good, and is hungry which is a good sign. He hasn't eaten in a week now and if things don't improve by tomorrow they will have to put in a feeding tube. He can't eat yet since he is on such large amounts of oxygen. He has walked twice already and did well. I have gotten to stay in his room most of the day which has been incredibly nice for me. I'm not sure if he agrees, since I spent most of the time harassing him about taking deep breaths and slowing down his breathing. I was in there when the doctor came in today and he said that other than the pneumonia everything was looking very good. He said that we are just waiting for him to turn the corner and they seem to have a handle on the pneumonia, and when things do start getting better he expects it to happen quickly which is encouraging. At least today he has been on the regular oxygen mask and not the BiPAP which he hates, and he has been able to keep his numbers in an acceptable range.

I'm sure that all of the prayers have been part of this success so far, and we thank you for them.

1 comment:

  1. This is great, great news! I'm sorry he can't eat yet. I know after so many months of being on the salt-restricted diet that he was looking forward to eating something that actually has a flavor! But, soon enough, he'll be able to do that. I see a trip to the Varsity in his future!!! Wonderful to hear he's been up and that Missy, you have been able to visit him more! Hugs, Jo Ellen

    ReplyDelete