Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday, November 22

I am doing much better today than yesterday. Walked about 6 times. I can make it around our room without any walker. I can actually do some things without being a complete slug. Of course, I still need some help getting out of a chair or the bed. That's getting better. I have another biopsy tomorrow and get my staples out. Still can't use my arms more than about 5 lbs. per arm. This will last about 3 months until my sternum grows back together. I'm going to do my best not to do anything real dumb. I think we have 2 more of these tests once a week, then it moves to once every 2 weeks. That's when we make it home for a couple of days, if the doctors are ok with that. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in our bed in Monticello. Haven't done that since March 5th. If we get home in the middle of the afternoon, I'm going to bed anyway. Funny, the things you miss. Had my first ham sandwich in about 2 years this afternoon. I've been going thru all of the cards and letters that people sent while I was in the hospital. My goodness, I already had boxes full of cards. I really appreciate all of them. I am so incredibly blessed to belong to a church like this one and have friends that are beyond belief. I can't say thank you enough. John

2 comments:

  1. This is just the kind of post I have been waiting to read, John! All of your waiting and hard work has finally paid off. I'm so grateful that you are out of the hospital, eating normal things, and really getting a chance to enjoy the new heart! You have been in good hands at Duke, and you've been in God's hands, always. I'm still cheering you on and praying for more and more strength! We can't wait to have you back home! Take care!
    Love, Jo Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear how good things are going...I just assumed that your absence from the blog yesterday was due to "making out." Can't wait to see you both!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete